Resources to Help You Be Proficient
We’ve learned that everyone who wants to get better is always looking for ideas and resources that will help. We’re the same! These are ones that we use and like, so we put them here for you to check out.
Email and Blogging
- Get Response – This one HANDS DOWN beats the others. Mailchimp may be free, but the learning curve is high. Aweber is more expensive and has limitations. Get Response is our favorite right now because it’s quick and easy and their 24/7 help is immediate, personal, warm, and expert. It’s the combination of ease of use and flawless customer service that has won our business!
- Spiritual Leadership: A Commitment to Excellence for Every Believer (Commitment To Spiritual Growth) – Sanders’ book is the first stop for growing in your spiritual leadership. Easy to read short chapters make this a handy reference worth reading each year.
- Hacking Leadership: The 11 Gaps Every Business Needs to Close and the Secrets to Closing Them Quickly – Mike Myatt’s book is perhaps our favorite book for leaders in all contexts.
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box – Few books have had the word-of-mouth success that this one has had. Even fewer books have so profoundly and immediately affected the daily leadership of so many people. A must read.
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content – Ann Handley’s book is fresh, easy to read, and full of helpful writing tips. Most people will know us by our writing before they meet us, through memos, Emails, and announcements. Make your writing ridiculously good!
- On Writing Well, 30th Anniversary Edition: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction – Zinsser’s book is the classic standard regarding nonfiction writing.
Gear We Like
- Apple TV Streaming Media Player (Latest Model) The Apple TV is changing how people view TV, listen to music, and avoid paying high cable bills. We even use it in our teaching! Some call it the best money they ever spent.
- Zoom H5 Handy Recorder Kit High-end digital recorders are critical to podcasting success. This one is the one we use and it’s portable too. Most podcasters record to Garage Band AND a digital recorder to be sure they have a backup. The quality of the zoom recorder is remarkable. It’s pricey, but the end product is good sound… and that’s the goal.
- ZAGG Folio Case Hinged with Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air 2 (ID6ZFK-BB0)One of the most frequent comments Terry gets when he travels is about his iPad keyboard. This is it. It’s black, folds small, and protects the iPad all the way around… important for road warriors. The keyboard is closer in size to a standard laptop keyboard than some other iPad keyboards. Worth checking out.
Sign up and Receive a FREE Resource Guide.
Be an "insider" for 37thePodcast! And we are offering Terry's FREE "One Purpose - One Bucket - One Path" worksheet that will help you find clarity and purpose for all that you manage. This has has proven helpful to so many others and we think it will help you as well.