Joan McClendon is back from episode 25. She is the Associate Director for the Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative at St. Mary’s College near Notre Dame University. She is actively involved in both the Downtown South Bend and an author (LIFE ON THE FRINGE) and speaker. She has owned her own business for eight years and has been married for 24 years to her college sweetheart and has two college-aged children. You can connect with Joan via Facebook.
Terry has a new book coming out in March 2017, The Self-Aware Leader: Discovering Your Blind Spots to Reach your Ministry Potential. He’s building his launch team and if you’d like to get on the inside of the book launch, you can apply at his website. You’ll get an advance PDF of the book and get to participate in a private Facebook group with Terry.
Here are some Christmas gift ideas that you will want to consider if you’re stuck. We use all of these and have found them valuable!
Echo Dot – “Alexa”
Bose Q35 Noise-cancelling headphones – a life-changing luxury for the regular traveler.
Nomad base station – charges all of your devices clutter free.
Elizabeth W. eau de parfum – an uncommon perfume that you will love.
Voluspa candle – French cade and lavender. The smell and duration of these candles set them apart. Can be found cheaper elsewhere.
Here are some books that we loved this year for the leader within or that you know.
- The Power of Nice: How to Conquer the Business World with Kindness – by Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Kavel
- From Grit to Great: How Perseverance, Passion, and Pluck Take You from Ordinary to Extraordinary – by Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Kavel
- The Naked Now: Learning to see as the Mystics See – Richard Rohr
- Hacking Leadership: The 11 Gaps Every Business Needs to Close and the Secrets to Closing Them Quickly – Mike Myatt
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to do About It – Michael Gerber
- Terry Linhart’s latest book, TEACHING THE NEXT GENERATIONS, is atop the best-selling lists in Christian Ministry. . It will serve as a comprehensive resource guide and will help anyone learn more about how teaching and learning “work.”
- If you’re looking to build an Email list for your blog, church, conference, or group, ConvertKit is the fastest growing service there is for those who want to build an Email list. And with good reason: It’s easy to use and it’s powerful. As your list grows, it’s cheaper than other options that get more and more expensive once you grow past 1000 subscribers. Check out ConvertKit to learn more about its amazing features.
- We are so excited to have EXPERIENCE MISSION sponsor our entire Season 3. EM is one of the leading non-profit organizations for short-term mission trips and longer Immersion experiences throughout the U.S. and around the world. Right now, EM is offering some amazing cross-cultural training resources for FREE to listeners of 37 the Podcast. Check out their training sessions built around the ideas of Hope, Human Dignity, and Brokenness. EM believes that “living your mission” and serving others is incredibly important and these resources explore the importance of how we serve others in a cross-cultural setting. Don’t miss these and all of Experience Mission’s upcoming mission trip opportunities.
- Follow 37 the Podcast on Twitter
- Connect with Terry on his website – TerryLinhart.com
- Follow Terry Linhart on Twitter or Michael Yoder on Twitter.
- Thanks to J2 Marketing for providing studio space.
The opinions expressed on this episode are exclusively those of podcast participants.
Sign up and Receive a FREE Resource Guide.
Be an "insider" for 37thePodcast! And we are offering Terry's FREE "One Purpose - One Bucket - One Path" worksheet that will help you find clarity and purpose for all that you manage. This has has proven helpful to so many others and we think it will help you as well.